How to Share Wifi Password From iPhone to Android – Based on Howchoo site, iPhones and Androids may as well be apples and oranges when it comes to compatibility, but sharing WiFi information between the two devices isn’t impossible.
Just make sure you’re using a secure connection. (We recommend having a VPN on your iPhone for added security, but it’s not totally necessary.) If you have an iPhone, you will need a third-party app to share a Wi-Fi password with an Android device. These QR code-generating apps have options built in to automatically make a QR code of your Wi-Fi information. There are more available on the iPhone app store.
You can manually exchange Wi-Fi information as well. If you aren’t sure what the wireless password is, check out our guide on how to find an unknown Wi-Fi password.
Note: The receiving Android device will need to install a QR code reading app.
1. Share WiFi Password Using Qrafter App
Here’s how to do it, step by step:
- First, download & install Qrafter from AppStore
- Share WiFi QR code using Qrafter app
- Open the Qrafter app.
- Choose Create at the bottom.
- Select WiFi Network.
- Send the generated QR code to the Android device via text, email, or any other method of choice. The Android user can use a QR scanning app to read the WiFi information (more on that below).
2. Share WiFi Password QR Code Using Visual Codes App
Here’s the steps:
- First, install Visual Codes from AppStore
- Then, open the Visual Codes app.
- Choose Add Code.
- Select Connect to WiFi.
- Choose the WiFi network with the password you want to share.
- Share the generated QR code with the Android device using text, email, or any method you want. The Android user can use a QR scanning app to read the WiFi information (more on that below).
If the Android device still can’t connect, reset the network settings and try to exchange Wi-Fi information one more time.
3. Use QR code Reading Apps for Android Devices
The Android recipient will need a QR reader, as well. Here are few popular options from the Google Play Store to get you started:
- QR Code Reader by Scan Tools
- Free QR Scanner by EZ to Use Tools
- QR Code Reader by Green Apple Studio
Based article from Berotak.com, there isn’t a built-in way to share a Wi-Fi password from iPhone to Android, but it’s not impossible. You’ll need to download a QR code generator onto your iPhone. The good thing is you should only have to create the code once, after which you can simply pull it up to share with your Android buddies.
Using all methods listed above, you can easily share your Wi-Fi password between an iPhone/iPod touch/iPad and an Android phone.
An advantage of using Apple’s Wi-Fi sharing method is that you give access to your Wi-Fi network without explicitly revealing your Wi-Fi password to the other person. Similarly, the Shortcuts method, on the other hand, also has its own advantage. And besides being used just for sharing passwords with Android devices, it also comes in handy when you need to share your Wi-Fi password with many people at once.
For instance, if you have guests at your home, you cannot share your password with everyone using the native way since that would quickly turn into a tedious job. Instead, what you can do is generate your network QR code using the Share Wi-Fi shortcut and print it out on paper or display it on some display for people to scan using their device and connect to your network.
Finaly, at least… that is the article tutorial about How to Share Wifi Password From iPhone to Android. I hope it help you that need the tutorial. Thank you for visit this article. If any problem, just send in comment below.
Source picture on thumbnail: Pixabay